Download the updated guidelines for the youth sector from the National Youth Agency in line with the government’s new roadmap.
The position from Monday 8 March 2021 is that youth providers can provide:
- Online and digital youth services to all young people (irrespective of need/vulnerability).
- Detached youth services.
- 1-2-1 sessions for high-need young people (indoors).
- Support group sessions (indoors or outdoors) are permitted for all young people if one or more of the following applies:
- Vulnerable children and young people
- Other children or young people, where the provision is: a) Reasonably necessary to enable their parents and carers to work, search for work, undertake education or training, or attend a medical appointment or address a medical need, or attend a support group.
b) A targeted one-to-one session or group to provide support and assistance for a specific issue.
c) Being used by electively home educating parents as part of their arrangements for their child to receive a suitable full-time education.
d) For the purposes of obtaining a regulated qualification, meeting the entry requirements for an education institution, or to undertake exams and assessments.